Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Overheard in Congress:


Lindsey Graham


"Well, we almost have the whole gang on board, Johnny! Let’s see …  There is you, me, and now Johnny Boner has signed on! Yippee-KI-YAY!
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)


- - -




John McCain
“Is it possible for you to show enthusiasm without giving me the goddam willies? What the hell is it with you? You can be talking about the most of serious world events and always end up sounding like a crazed interior decorator. Dial it back, Linds. You have a primary challenge coming up. And don’t forget: our support of this thing is conditional upon what the final plan is.”
Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona)

Lindsey Graham


- - -


“I can’t help my enthusiasm for blowing people. I mean blowing UP people. Whoooooopsie! I made a Freudian slip there!”
Sen. Graham


- - -
John McCain



“Don’t stand so close to me when you say shit like that, alright?”
Sen. McCain

- - -

John Boehner



“And don’t stand too close to me, either, Sen. Graham. I do not want to catch what you have.”
U.S. Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio), speaker of the House of Representatives.

- - -


John McCain


“You can’t catch it, Johnny Boner, so stop whining. You are either born that way or you aren’t. And, J.B., I do want to thank you for coming out in support of the proposed military strike in Syria.”
Sen. McCain


- - -

John Boehner


“Well, you know what it is like when you have defense contractors in your district or state! We have to keep the U.S. War Machine pumped and stoked! We have no choice there, so I am IN!”
Rep. Boehner


- - -

 
Nancy Pelosi

“Me, too! Possibly killing thousands of civilians is exactly what the United States to do right now to improve our standing in the Arab world.”
U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calfornia), House minority leader

Eric Cantor


- - -



“I’m in, too! Let’s blow some shit up and send more money back to our defense contractors!”
Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Virginia)


Lindsey Graham

- - -


“I know, right? It is so hard to say ‘no’ to those boys.”
Sen. Graham



John Boehner
- - -



“Oh fuck off, Graham. You’ve never said no to anyone, ever, you southern-drawled slut.”
Rep. Boehner

Lindsey Graham

- - -



“Oh, now stop! You’re just teasing me.”
Sen. Graham

No comments: