Sunday, October 20, 2013

Overheard in the Senate:




Marco Rubio




"Tea Party Republicans caused the government shutdown? No, no, no. It was President Obama. I was nowhere near that train wreck. I would never do something to hurt you, Mitch."

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida)



- - -



"What in the fuck are you talking about? YOU led the charge; you are your friends Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul! Then I had to step in to bail you children out! You are delusional! You're supposed to be my best friend and you did nothing but cause trouble for me."

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky), longtime conservative crotchsniffer now being called a "moderate" by Tea Party Republicans upset with his leadership in the last week's budget compromise effort.




- - -
Marco Rubio




"Mitch, I swear, they told me it would work. You know how persuasive Rand can be. Hell, you knew his strategy just as well as I did—get Cruz to take the ball and then walk away."
Sen. Rubio






- - -
Sen. McConnell




"Ix-nay on the plan-tay. You never know who is listening."
Sen. McConnell






- - -
Babe




"Well, well, well, sir. You were in it up to your elbows, after all, were you? My, my, my. I don't know, sir, if I want to be associated with such a group of liars. You promised me you weren't part of that shutdown nonsense." 

Babe, famous talking pig and chair of McConnell's ongoing re-election campaign.




Sen. McConnell
- - -




"Shit. Now I'm going to lose the best campaign manager I've ever had."
Sen. McConnell




- - -


Marco Rubio





"No, no, no. Your little piggy ears misheard me. What I was saying... was.... that I was here to offer my endorsement to Sen. McConnell in his re-election campaign, regardless of who his challengers are. OK. Bye."
Sen. Rubio





- - -
Sen. McConnell




"Nicely done, pig. You said it would work and you slid in there with that one. And notice: I didn't say, 'well done, pig' this time. I know how sensitive you are to the phrase 'well done.'"
Sen. McConnell






Babe



- - -

 
 "Thank you, sir!"
Babe

No comments: