Sunday, October 20, 2013

Overheard on 'This Week':


Jonathan Karl




"Hi, I'm Jonathan Karl here with one-term Florida governor and rumored Bush Family Intelligencia Jeb Bush. When the news is slow, the media immediately focuses on Jeb's potential 2016 presidential bid, though he doesn't seem particularly interested in it. Thanks for coming, Jeb. Give us your thoughts on the government shutdown."
ABC's Jonathan Karl



- - - 

Jeb Bush



"It was a wasted tactic that was ideologically driven by a man with borderline personality disorder and a complete lack of impulse control."
Jeb Bush





- - -


Jonathan Karl






"And you are speaking of?..."
Jonathan Karl







- - -

Jeb Bush





"Ted Cruz, you jackass. You know damn right well who I'm speaking of. We talked about this right before going on the air, Jonathan. Come on. It's been a busy week, but try to stay focused."


Jeb Bush




- - - 





Jonathan Karl




"Right. My mind was drifting. I keep thinking of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and his penchant for licking the bottoms of his shoes and eating Fruit Loops. Some images just never leave you."
Jonathan Karl




- - - 




Jeb Bush

"Right. But while Louie licks, and while Ted Cruz panders, the Republican Party is being forced onto a path of internal destruction. But it's a Democratic problem as well. When one party can cause a shutdown like this, that jeopardizes our international standing as this one did, it points to a real hatred within the parties and it has to stop. We did not have this when my father was president because everyone knew he would start whining, and we didn't have it when my brother was president, well, frankly, because no one ever knew what the fuck he was saying and neither did he. But the point is that when you bring the Bush to the party, there is some major party in the Bush."


Jeb Bush




- - - 

Jonathan Karl





"Excuse me, Jeb, what the fuck did you just say?"
Jonathan Karl




- - - 



Jeb Bush






"I just said Ted Cruz is a moron'."


Jeb Bush






- - - 






Jonathan Karl





"Boy, THERE is a headline."
Jonathan Karl






- - - 




Jeb Bush






"Ho ho ho ho."


Jeb Bush









- - - 

Jonathan Karl




"And speaking of hoes, I'm now talking to Sen. Cruz and wow, you really do look just like the fellow the media branded this week as the Architect of Dysfunction in Washington."
Jonathan Karl, ABC White House correspondent







- - -



Ted Cruz




"Who said that? I didn't hear that one."


Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)





- - - 







Jonathan Karl





"I just made it up, sir."
Jonathan Karl





- - - 






Ted Cruz
"Well, look, let me just say I will stop at nothing, NOTHING, to defund Obamacare, even if it means shutting down the government every day from now through 2016, when I am anointed president. And anyone who doesn't like it can just lump it, including all those old senators who think they are still in charge. This shutdown was actually the fault of the president and Harry Reid who refused to negotiate. Don't shoot me,  I'm just the piano player."
Sen. Cruz




- - - 




Jonathan Karl





"You play piano?"
Jonathan Karl






- - - 



Ted Cruz





"Not at all, but I do know what it sounds like."


Sen. Cruz










No comments: