Sunday, October 20, 2013

Overheard on CNN's 'State of the Nation':


Gloria Borger






"Tell me, Sen. McCain, will we have another shutdown led by Senator Ted Cruz in December?"
Gloria Borger, guest host on CNN's 'State of the Union'




 - - -

John McCain





"No. Not as long as I'm breathing."
Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona)






 - - -




Gloria Borger






"Sen. McCain, you are 132 years old. You might not be breathing tomorrow."
Gloria Borger






 - - -


John McCain





"Yes, and my 152 year old mother called me yesterday to tell me the government sucks shut through its own false teeth. So, take that for what you will."
Sen. McCain






 - - -


Gloria Borger






"How much do you hate Ted Cruz?"
Gloria Borger






 - - -


John McCain




"Well, I've had as lot of anti-anxiety medication in the last 72 hours, as well as one helluva lot of bourbon, so let's just say I don't hate him nearly as much as I thought. I will also say let's all work together to show America that government can work. Because it can. If we work at it."
Sen. McCain





 - - -



Gloria Borger





"In other words, 'Merry Christmas, motherfuckers?'"
Gloria Borger





- - -



John McCain





"You got it. What did I just agree to say? When you smile, do you get lipstick on your ears?"
Sen. McCain

No comments: