Monday, October 28, 2013

Overheard on Ted Cruz's Cellphone:


Ted Cruz

“Why did I block the confirmation of Tom Wheeler to head the Federal Communications Commission? The real reason? Well, I want to be sure he won’t require disclosure of the real funders for dark-money political groups. This isn’t news. What’s my beef with Wheeler? Well, did you know that despite the Federal Election Commission rules and the Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United, the FCC can still mandate the disclosure of those funders, and actually the law requires it to do so! We can’t have that. I don’t want people knowing who really funds my future campaigns! Why, that’s un-American! That means shadowy figures with billion dollar bank accounts just cannot keep themselves hidden from view! I want assurances from Wheeler that he won’t enforce the law! Do you have any idea how bad I will look if people know who is REALLY supporting me?”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)

No comments: