Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Overheard in a History Book:


Teddy Roosevelt

“Stop calling Senator Cruz from Texas ‘Ted’ and ‘Teddy.’ First of all, his goddam name isn’t ‘Theodore,’ it’s Rafael, so just how in the fuck-all did he get ‘Ted’ as his nickname? If he wants to be known as Ted, then he needs to change his damn name to Ted! Until he does, that’s just BULLY-shit! In addition, and BULLY for me, really I must say, I’m protective of the name as it relates to the office of the president. Having him be ‘President Teddy’ could forever damage my own reputation, which I cannot tolerate. Actually... as a former Rough Rider, the mere fact that he comes from Texas is an absolute embarrassment to me. I am amazed that the good citizens of Texas, who usually know horse flesh from horse shit have adopted him as their own.”

Theodore ‘Teddy’ Roosevelt, 26th president of the United States

No comments: